Monday, April 30, 2007

penny for your thoughts


I email a newsletter out once a month for the yoga studio. I've decided that in this newsletter, I need to include more information about the practice of yoga and how to scatter bits of yoga into our everyday life. I want this newsletter to contain information that will be valuable to you. This is where I need your help. Please leave a comment and give me some feedback about what type of information you would like to read and learn more about. Here are a few ideas to get you going: pose of the month, creating a home practice, healthy recipes, yoga off the mat, history of yoga, meditation tips, etc. I'm looking forward to reading your comments!
If you do not get our monthly newsletter but would love to receive it, leave your email address along with a comment and I'll gladly add you.
P.S. That's Jaime, our yogi of the month sitting pretty in lotus (or padmasana). Isn't she cute?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon,

My brother and I, as authors of the book "Avoiding Cancer One Day At A Time", are huge proponents of yoga. He actually teaches yoga and pilates for disease prevention in the Bay Area.

We have a friend who is hosting a contest for cancer prevention recipes. It is random, and most will be winners. Check out www.wellnessandbeyond.typepad.com.

Thanks!

Lynne Eldridge M.D.
Author, "Avoiding Cancer One Day At A Time"
http://www.avoidcancernow.com

jaime said...

I'm all for learning about poses - not just the proper alignment and how to go into the pose, but how it benefits the body/mind as well.

I also like the idea of meditation tips; for example, in one class you had us do a body scan and find the light, good places, and focus on those, and usually it's the other way around (finding the tight places). This was a great, new meditation technique for me, and I'm glad to have that in my repitoire now. :)

Jeanne said...

I would enjoy meditation tips. I'm always looking for new yoga/wellness reading material, so maybe book recommendations and reviews, in addition to online links.

Sharon Tessandori said...

Thanks girls! I hadn't thought of book reviews, but being the booklover that I am, I love this idea! And I'll be sure to include some mediation tips also. Good stuff!

Thanks so much for the comments! They are greatly appreciated :-)

Anonymous said...

I think ideas on creating a home practice would be great! I like to practice yoga daily, but am not good at deciding which poses to do. Some ideas for a 20-30 minute session would be so helpful!