Monday, May 25, 2009

yoga with seane corn


Spending six hours in the car driving on Saturday was so worth the three hour workshop with Seane, practicing yoga between Sarah and Leah, and the great conversations I got to share with Sarah in the car. Just put two yoginis on the road for a few hours and there is bound to be thoughtful, reflective, fun conversation.

And now I find myself crushing on Miss Corn even more. I've been fortunate enough to learn from a few of our "yoga masters"....Seane remains my fave. Maybe we shouldn't have faves. But can't help it here! I love being in her presence. She is grounded, and fun, human, likeable and relatable, she's honest, compassionate, and like the word she uses often....she is fierce.

She spoke of the idea of not having a teacher. Yes we have people to learn from as we don't know it all. But no one knows our past, our struggles, our hopes and fears quite like we do. We are our very own guru. Kinda cool way of thinking I believe. The self help books, the blogs, the teachers, the travel and other peoples stories will only take us so far. It's up to us to go that extra mile....or as far as we wish.

She spoke of "seeing past the stories and seeing the soul". My fave thought to ponder for the day. How much this world would be different if we didn't get caught up in our own stories and the stories of these we know (or think we know).....if we could see past the likeness, and the difference, past the labels, and see deeply into the goodness, the lightness and brightness of the soul.

So today I'm setting an intention to see past the stories and see the soul. I invite you to join.

Wishing each of you a super happy Tuesday. It was a great weekend, but I'm really happy to be back at work.

No comments: