Monday, May 11, 2009

virtual yoga retreat?



I have what I believe to be a pretty great idea, so I wanted to throw it out there to all of you and gauge an interest.

Retreating to Tulum, Mexico for yoga is such an amazing experience. I have always felt that we should all be so lucky to get to experience it. But for whatever reason, we all can't. Sigh.

So I've been debating what the next best thing might be? How can one get the benefit of retreating, but staying at home? How can one dig deeper, peel the layers, nurture oneself, grow, and have fun at the same time?

I think by participating in a virtual yoga retreat. I haven't worked out the details, just have a bunch of ideas. Before I dive into this, I wonder if you yoginis have an interest.

Ideas so far....
~Daily emails for inspiration and intention
~Yoga Practice with Sarah Powers DVD (love this one)
~CD of guided meditation and relaxation from me
~Six days of practices, explorations, fun stuff compiled in a workbook for your retreat week
~Additional resources for each day

Add ons for the retreat week could be local massage, tea party, etc....

If you have an interest, please share with me what a perfect virtual yoga retreat might mean for you. Feel free to leave a comment here or on facebook or twitter. Or email me.

Thanks so much lovelies! Have a beautiful Monday!!

3 comments:

jaime said...

I love the idea!!! I would love to be able to indulge in something like that. It would still have to be a summer thing though in order for me to be able to participate.

Jeanne said...

I think it would be a good thing. So many of us are virtually connected, this would be a great way to get more out of our online and otherwise free time.

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Sounds great, Sharon! How about journaling - like Julia Cameron's "Morning Pages"?