Friday, May 15, 2009

this yoginis life


This life I've been living is a well crafted dream mixed with a little luck and a lot of determination.

This life I've been living has brought me closer to my husband, my mother, my peers, my students, the clerk at the store, and the strangers on the street.

This life I've been living cracks my heart open a little more with each passing day. Leaving me more open. More vulnerable.

This life I've been living has taught me the value of understanding my mind, my patterns, and my habits.

This life I've been living has taught me that I'm more than what I do for a living. I'm more that the house I own and the (box) car I drive. More than my possessions. Much more than a yoga pose.

This life I've been living has shown me my strengths and my weaknesses. My joys and sorrows. My confusion and my will to seek clarity.

This life resembles the one I've thought about, dreamed about, wrote about and hoped for with my whole heart. The one I shared with my husband, brother and friend.

It's not a life full of riches or extravagance. It's a life filled with clutter and chaos, mixed with a bit of confusion. It's a life filled with connecting, loving, sharing.

If given the chance, there is very little I'd change in this yoginis life.

Wondering about the life you've been living. Care to share?

1 comment:

Jen said...

So incredibly beautiful ... I don't have my own thoughts right now, but you've inspired me to start thinking about it.