Tuesday, December 02, 2008

a day like today


I can't help but chuckle a bit when I think of my day so far. As a small business owner,I usually try to group together certain tasks and different things I have to do. Today I've done such random things. Here's a recap of my day so far:

~Work from home this morning from 8:30 - 12:30. Spent time answering and sending emails and mailing yoga gift certificates. The majority of time was spent reviewing and updating the "yoga techniques" portion of teacher training. Sixty poses in which I have benefits, verbal cues, adjustments, and modifications listed for the teacher trainees. Needless to say at the end my eyes were glazed and I was looking forward to painting at the new studio.
~Went to Lowes to buy more painting tape (I'm thinking I should have stock in this)and spent two hours taping and painting trim. I spend most of my time crouching in a yogic squat (malasana) of sorts. Thankfully, it's a pretty comfortable position. I'm looking forward to a yoga practice to stretch my back though.
~Spend another hour reviewing and paying bills....advertising, insurance, water, website gurus, water peeps, division of revenue, teachers, etc.
~Which brings me to now....Andy is sending me silly text messages. I play along for a minute, then kindly tell him "Um sweetie, some people are still working." His response, "Some people were working before you got out of bed." Fair enough. It's true.
~Now I'm going to tidy up the studio, treat myself to a yoga practice (gotta make time for this), the prepare to teach this evening. I hope to see you here!

Have a delightful evening!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the picture! Where was it taken?

Sharon Tessandori said...

Pic was taken in Berea....at the pinnacles. It's a quick trip there and it's beautiful!