Sunday, December 28, 2008

the questions


The questions and the last couple of weeks. Here goes:

What scared me?
~Yoga schedule confusion. Thank goodness for Emily and ability to be flexible. I was all set to go to Owensboro, when I casually mention to her, "Since you're teaching the Tuesday class before Christmas blah, blah, blah." Turns out dear Emily didn't know she was teaching cause I failed to mention it. But she was more than happy to bail me out so I could go spend time with the Tessandoris for Christmas.

~Yoga studio chaos. My mind is in about a million different places these days and that doesn't seem quite conducive to running a business. I came back from my time away during Christmas and we were out of water, out of change, and nearly out of tp (but not all the way thankfully). The desk is a mess of papers piled, blankets that needed to be neatly folded, and that pesky leak in the corner is back. I'll be happy when I have only one studio to focus on. Please be patient with me. I promise it will be over soon. :-)

~2009 yoga teacher training. My mind...."I need to do this, this, and that. Oh and I've gotta do that too. This will make it special and I can't leave this out." Much material to cover. How does one fit all the goodness in in only six short months?!

~Taking it to a new level. My teaching, the new studio, all of it. It's time. I'm ready, but it's all still a tiny bit scary. I feel like since I've had the studio, I'm always doing things that push me out of my comfort zone. I've realized that once again, I'm stepping away from what feels steady and comfortable and easy. I'm not one to get complacent so I'm looking forward to new challenges. Even if they are scary.

What excited me?
~Appalachia Yoga. This is what I'm SO VERY excited about. I recently got the news that I'll get to lead a yoga teacher training in Hazard, close to my home! It couldn't be more perfect and I couldn't be more thrilled. I've been working closely with a gal in Hazard for months now, doing the research and prep work required for this. Just found out she received a grant. So I'll get to do something that been on my mind and in my heart (and on my vision board) for a while now. Several people in the area will have their training paid for and I'm lucky enough to get paid doing it. So if you know anyone in that area interested, send them my way. This training is the first step towards a BIGger project I've had in mind. I'm keeping mum about it now, but will share at some point. I'll know when it's time.

~We have a date! A date to open the new studio. Saturday, Jan. 17. The first class at the new studio will be at 9:15 a.m.

~You mean I have to leave the house. I've been in my car, running between studios, running to Lowes for supplies, and doing other random things that this week of rest couldn't have come any sooner. Being that it was a holiday, I was forced to rest and take it easy. I only left the Tessandori house three times in nearly six days.

~The fun of Christmas morning. Andy's fam goes all out at Christmas and I must admit that it's quite fun. We have the Christmas Eve pj ritual (where we all get new jammies to wear), lovely eats and drinks, Christmas day movie, and get this.....Santa still comes! We wake early in the morning all get to see what Santa has brought us. It's hard not to believe in the magic of the season at the Tessandori household.

~Candles (thanks Maria & Susan), sweet teacher Christmas cards (thanks Sarah), gifts of books (thanks Jeanne), eats at Panera (thanks Tracy), yoga cd's, (thanks Emily), yummy scents (thanks Diane), good eats (thanks Teresa), homemade cupcakes (thanks Vicki)and so much more! A big thanks to all of you for thinking of me this holiday season. :-)

~Bathing suits at Target. Not because I bought one, or that I necessarily love them. But it reminded me that I'm going to Mexico and that my friends is enough to make me do the happy dance.

What renewed me?
~Little Luke. Mine and Andy's nephew from TX that we don't get to see nearly enough. At 15 months he's full of life, energy and surprises. He's cute and cuddly. A bit mischievous. And oh so loveable.

~Understanding that I can't do it all. And that's ok. Taking note of what I'm good at and what I'm not. Understanding that I can't and shouldn't do it all feels very good. I'm getting better at this.

~Spending time with good friends and family. Even among the busy times I've been fortunate to surround myself with people that make me happy and smiley. That is one big joy of the season. People gathering to celebrate. To exchange gifts and gratitude. To eat too much. Too drink too much. It's a good thing we don't live this way every day (the eating and drinking part). The happy and smiley part, the people gathering part.....we totally need to do every day.

~

No comments: