Saturday, September 23, 2006

Soothing Saturday


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. John Muir

As everyone is aware, we got a massive amount of rain last night. Areas all throughout Central Kentucky flooded and as I sit here looking out my window, the rain has started again. More flooding is expected throughout the day.

I wasn't sure how many brave souls would make it to class at 9:15 this morning. When I thanked those students for attending class, one student responded "I had to come to yoga, I had a really long week." Good to know that chaotic weather can't keep people from a good yoga class.

On my drive back to my house from yoga everything appeared so vibrant and alive. I avoid Nicholasville Road at all costs, choosing instead to take a very scenic route home to Nicholasville. Fields and pastures were green and fresh, creeks, rivers and streams were overflowing with water, and the beginnings of fall are showing in the leaves of trees. I knew that it was a perfect photo opportunity. So I hurried home, loaded my camera gear up and set out to take some pictures before the rain set back in. I took this shot about 5 minutes from my house. I drove up and down country roads taking photos of horses, cows, barns, streams, fields and wildflowers. I can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday afternoon. Taking pictures is my favorite creative outlet and being out in nature has a way soothing my spirit and mind.

Wishing you all a soothing Saturday.

No comments: