Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ode to thanksgiving



Oh happy day. I do love you Thanksgiving. And I love the days leading up till Thanksgiving. It finally hit me today.....

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, yay!!

I made a special Thanksgiving playlist for tomorrow's class. Here it is:

Harvest Moon - Neil Young
This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie
In My Life - the Beatles
Life is Beautiful - Keb Mo
Beautiful Day - U2
Thank You - Alanis Morrisette
Thanksgiving Day - Denise VAsquez
Home - Michael Buble
Let It Be - Jennifer Hudson
Everything - Michael Buble
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Shelter - Ray LaMontagne
Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel
Diamonds in the Sun - Girish
Simple Gifts - Jewel
What a Wonderful World - Willie Nelson
Hallelujah - Justin Timberlake
Angel's Prayer - Ty Burhoe


After teaching my noon class today with shopping list in hand I made my way to Whole Foods. I was prepared to be overwhelmed by all the people. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't get overwhelmed.

Perhaps it was my shopping list that focused mostly on the sweet treats I'm making and taking to the Beverly Thanksgiving tomorrow.

I came home, tied a pretty apron on, turned on the thanksgiving playlist and got to mixing, food processing, blending, stirring, and baking up a fury.

And I loved every moment of it.

I ended up with vegan chocolate peanut butter rice crispie treats, pecan pie, and a vegan chocolate pie. Yum.

There is much to be grateful for this holiday season. I'm not taking a single moment for granted.

May your body be nourished by delicious foods.
May you sing, dance, twirl, and swirl with loved ones.
May you enjoy hearty laughs
May your heart overflow with love.

Lots and lots of love.
Happy Thanksgiving Friends.

xo,
sharon

1 comment:

Dr. Leigh Ann Simmons said...

aaaaahhhhhhhh. reminds me of our xmas bake-a-thon. sweet blessings for a wonderful holiday, friend. xo