Monday, June 13, 2011

shit happens...even to the Divine


I'm doing one of my absolute fave things....sitting outside working on daily materials for the yoga retreat to Tulum (less than one month away!). I was flipping through a book when my eyes landed on this passage by Jennifer Louden that I have underlined. I love it and think it's the perfect thing to read and ponder as work with the theme of courage this month. By the way, how's that going for you?

Here it is, enjoy!
"You can be as experienced as a Colorado River guide, planning your route through the churning waters with great care, and still capsize. And this is the reality you must be willing to welcome or at least open the door to. There is Divine guidance available, you do have knowledge inside you, and shit still happens. There are no guarantees that the decision you make will work out the way you want. It may work out better. It may simple work out differently. It may feel, ten years from now, like a huge disaster and, ten years after that, like an amazing blessing. All are possibilities."

You know what you want to do. You know what you need to do. Take a risk. Jump.

No comments: