Friday, May 27, 2011

on creating and getting back into a habit


"Like an ability or a muscle, hearing your inner wisdom is strengthened by doing it." ~Robbie Gass

It's a beautiful day so far. Time spent writing and reading have already made me a wonderfully happy and contented gal. I've been wanting to get back to writing more regularly in my journal. Appears that when I became an excited and devoted student of Ayurveda, my writing was one of the things to take a backseat. But I clearly identified more writing as an intention for my year.

Coming to the closing of May and it wasn't happening. BUT in the last week I received three gifts (and three winks from The Universe) that let me know it was time to get on the writing wagon.

The first gift came in the form of three of the most perfect journals complete with the most perfect colors and quotes from BFF.

The second gift came in the form of "The Artists Way". Thanks Lisa! I've always checked this book out from the library, now I have my very own copy. Crazy enough, I'd been thinking of getting back into the practice of Morning Pages to tap into my creativity (ironic enough it's the theme at the studio this month) and get back into the habit of writing, for me, on a much more personal level then what you read here.

The third gift was the most color-full and vibrant pack of 20 gels pens from the awesometastic Erin. These my friends made me pretty giddy. How did she know that something Andy and I do for fun is go to the office store and buy a new pen for fun?! Yea, we are that cool.

The three gifts are pictured above.

When I realized the significance of these gifts I knew I had to get on with it. So this morning with a cuppa tea (hello I'm in love with Twinnings Breakfast Tea), fave incense burning, my new journal, a bright blue pen, and my watch for the timer I sat in my cozy bed and spilled the thoughts that have been rambling around in my mind for 20 minutes.

It was great. I already feel lighter, my heart feels more at ease, and I've set the tone for the rest of my day. My goal is to do this five of seven days per week. I'll let you know how it's going. And you can ask too. Accountability is a good thing.

Plus, I'm thinking I've still got some time to do some creating. May isn't over yet!I may pull out the awesome Amy Butler stash I have up in my "craft room" (hehe, I have to laugh cause there hasn't been any crafting goin' on up there).

Have a safe and fun weekend. All yoga classes are on so be sure to come visit us and your yoga mat. :)

No comments: