Monday, April 12, 2010

spring cleanse


Andy and I will be embarking on a cleanse next week! Yay, love spring!
Renewal
Rebirthing
Aliveness
Vibrancy
Succulence
Freshness

All those things plus more come to mind. Plus it's mine and Andy's wedding month, so it holds a special place in my **heart**.

Andy and I are both feeling the need to do some cleansing. Our recent trip to Indy for sports fun sorta pushed us over the edge. We've both decided that we need to make some changes. Me being a friend of the cleanses suggested that we do one together.

I was actually surprised when he agreed. The last time he tried a cleanse with me was probably seven years ago. It was a fruit and veggie cleanse. He didn't last one day. And truth be told I actually encouraged him (ok threw my hands up in frustration) when he came home from work and was super cranky pants after not having "food" or caffeine.

So I'm trying to plan this one to accomodate more of his needs than mine. I don't want it to be total torture for him. Or I'd like to miniminze the amount of torture.

This is what I have planned for next week:

PRE-CLEANSE

Day 1
• Breakfast - Fruit or Green Smoothie
• Lunch - Mediterranean Salad
• Snack - Lara Bar
• Dinner - Stuffed Bell Peppers & Kale and Avocado Salad

Day 2
• Breakfast - Fruit or Green Smoothie
• Lunch - Lentil Salad
• Snack - Fruit
• Dinner - Veggie Tacos

3 DAY CLEANSE – 3 fruit juices, 2 green juices, 1 nut milk

Day 1
1. Greens with Apple
2. Blackberry Peach
3. Blackberry Peach
4. Spinach Carrot Pineapple Cilantro
5. Blueberry Pineapple
6. Raw Chocolate Milk

Day 2
1. Greens with Apple
2. Strawberry Banana
3. Strawberry Banana
4. Spinach Blueberry Apple Lemon
5. Mixed Berry Kale
6. Cashew Milk

Day 3
1. Greens with Apple
2. Pineapple Mint
3. Pineapple Mint
4. Spinach Carrot Pineapple Cilantro
5. Mango Strawberry
6. Raw Chocolate Milk

POST CLEANSE

• Breakfast - Pineapple
• Lunch - Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
• Snack - Fruit
• Dinner - Salad

The cleanse will mesh right into my road trip the following week to Kripalu with my brother. We're doing a five day Ayurveda Spring Detox.

How about you? Any plans for a spring cleanse of any sort?

2 comments:

Jen said...

A cleanse is on my list this spring. I think I'll try it AFTER I run a half-marathon at the beginning of May. Do you have recipes for your cleanse, or do you have other suggestions for ones to follow? This will be my first one.

Unknown said...

I have read a lot about this on other articles written by other people, but I must admit that you is the best.

slim