Tuesday, April 20, 2010

recap of day 1 spring cleanse


Happy to say that Andy and I both made it through day of our pre-cleanse. No caffeine, no processed junk... both of which Andy and I had gotten into the habit of daily. Especially after all the road trips and traveling we've been doing this month.

On Sunday evening I prepared Andy's smoothie and our lunch for Monday. His smoothie was mango and spinach, I had banana and almond butter smoothie. For the liquid today I used 1 1/2 cups of water.

Andy and I had our morning chat around 8:00 in the morning just before he started to teach. While he did say that the smoothie was really good and even said, "maybe you can make me one of these for breakfast every morning", he was already thinking about the caffeine that he wouldn't be having.

Lunch was a Mediterranean salad with spinach, arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Dressing was a simple oil and vinegar. Was happy to hear that again Andy was really enjoying the food. For a snack we each had a raw Lara Bar. These are my fave bars as of now. Love how simple yet how delicious they are.

Dinner was veggie tacos with sprouted tortillas. I cooked some onions, garlic, and bell peppers with olive oil. We also had black beans, guacamole, and salsa with them. I had laid the cheese out as an option to top the tacos with. Andy picks it up and says, "I thought we weren't supposed to have this." I replied, "Well we're still in the pre-cleasne phase so if you want some then have it." I was quite proud when he laid it down and chose not to have any. So of course I didn't either.

These were delicious and filling which both of us needed. Both of us had a little headache throughout the day and the energy level was certainly low. We couldn't put off mowing the lawn another day (unfortunately). Andy mowed and I helped rake and sweep us the grass clippings.

We did some yoga together up in my tiny sweet yoga room. Mostly me doing some thai yoga with Andy and then the two of us did legs up the wall together. We listened to Wah. It felt good. Andy departs and I stay for my second meditation of the day.

We even had dessert. I made a tasty tasty fruit salad and topped it with a macadamia cream that I made. I used strawberries, blueberries, and banana. The sauce was made with macadamia nuts, juice of an orange, vanilla, and agave nectar. Oh my, this was a yummy fruit salad. I made it all special by serving them in wine glasses.
A great way to close out the first day of cleansing.

We did go to bed at 9:30, about an hour earlier than usual. I asked Andy on a scale of 1 to 5 how we felt physically, energy level, emotions, intellect, and happiness factor. He reported a 2 on each level. I was just a tiny bit higher.

Maybe we'll get to a 2.5 or 3 today? We shall see......

No comments: