Tuesday, October 20, 2009

i've been everywhere...

This time last week I was in FL with my BFF....you know, Liz. We had such a great time! We packed a lot of fun into our 2.5 days at the beach. A little trip to St. Petersburg to an artfest and the Pier, a great little aquarium in Clearwater, took five miles walks on the beach two days in a row...so what if one of the trips was up to a great doughnut shop that has the yummiest key lime doughnuts....yes I said key lime and they are delisch! We laid by the pool which we had all to ourselves, dipped in the ocean, ate many wonderful meals, read magazines, drank mojitos and margaritas, but mostly we relaxed and reconnected. Which was the best gift of all.

I also got to spend some time with Andy upon returning from FL. He's been off on fall break. We had a little work to do at the studio. First I have to ask, have you used the magic eraser?! I had my first experience and was quite amazed. I know at some point I need to re-do the bathrooms at the studio. But I'm not quite ready for that. So I took the magic eraser to the bathroom and got rid of most of the scuff marks on the white wall. Pretty excited about that! And Andy strung festive holiday lights from the wires at the studio. Now we'll have a tiny bit more lighting and a lot more ambiance during late evening classes.

Then we were off for Big Blue Madness festivities. Andy insisted that we purchase me a UK shirt of some sort for the night. I agreed, but wanted it to be pink. I was wearing my pink suede shoes after all. He disagreed. And I figured since it clearly meant more to him than me, I'd go along. We had a pre-dinner drink at Molly's, and dinner at Alfalfas (a fave for us). I have to admit that I really enjoyed the Madness. It was pretty exciting. And seeing Andy so darn excited made it even more fun for me. Look at these people....I would have really stuck out wearing UK pink instead of UK blue.

Saturday it was a Yoga Nidra workshop at the studio (which was exactly what I was needing, so thanks Sarah!), then a hockey game in Louisville to see Andy's little brother play, then on to Owensboro to meet a brand new little nephew. Sunday was baby Jake's baptism, then lunch with the family, then a trip back home. Our stay in Owensboro was so brief, I didn't even get any pictures of the new sweet little guy. But he is completely perfect. And completely beautiful. :)



Hope the past week has been equally wonderful for each of you!

No comments: