Thursday, October 01, 2009

breathing


"Listen, are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?"
Mary Oliver

Wow yesterday was one of those days when I had to keep re-reading this quote and reminding myself to slow down, take a deep breath, and move through the day mindfully breathing. At one point while running errands to prepare for the NC retreat, I actually asked out loud "Does anyone reeeally come to a complete stop (at a stop sign) in a shopping center. Hamburg. Need I say more.

Anyway as soon as the comment escaped my mouth, I thought wow. Wow.

Slow down Sharon. It will all get done.

And it has. For the most part. I'm getting ready to leave for NC. I'm going to enjoy a day in Asheville. I have no idea where I'm staying. I figure I'll be flexible here. And breathe.

Have a glorious weekend and I'll see you next Tuesday as I'll be going to finish up in Hazard on Sunday and Monday.

No comments: