Thursday, June 25, 2009

yumminess


It's the close of what has been a real treat of a day for me. In thinking about why, it was mainly because I got to really immerse myself in yoga today. The past few days I've been busy with random, trivial to-dos. Doing the things that aren't exactly my faves, but very necessary as a small biz owner.

But today....today it was all about the yoga!

I taught class this morning at 9:15. I really enjoy teaching this class. It's usually a great group of gals and we always have a fun time. Plus it was Tracy's birthday (Happy B-Day!). So I treated her by playing her "favorite cd" and we ended up doing lots of her fave poses. Everyone was chitty chatty oh so happy before class and that it made to sense to focus on our light, our goodness. And heart openers seem most appropriate.

And Louise brought the yummiest champagne raspberries that I shared with the class after practice. Hmmmm, wish I'd saved some for tonight!

I met with the teachers and we had a nice long two hour lunch where we talked about what else....lots of yoga. Actually we did chat about upcoming retreats/trips and future ones. We don't all get together often so it's a real treat when we do. They make me laugh. And make me feel proud. And basically feel my heart with gratitude cause I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by such cool cats.

Later I made an attempt to do my practice with my gal Seane. Somewhere between Warriors and Dolphins "we" took a childs pose. Which felt mighty nice. So I stayed. And stayed. And ended up taking a teeny tiny nap there. Decided to wake myself up with a tasty drink from Starbucks. Yum it did the trick.

I had to get on the road and downtown to observe Brian (teacher trainee) teach at the Y. And boy did he do a grrrreat job?! Yes, he did. I sat back and watched, took notes filling in the evaluation. Mostly I wanted to partake myself. He does a great job with the basics of yoga, literally making it accessible for everyone. I was proud of him. He has taken his seat and place as a yoga teacher and it seems to suit him well. Very. Very Nice.

Rushed back to the studio (now I know how you feel driving from downtown to the studio) to teach at 5:45. It was a small and lovely group. The storm was rolling in. The lighting outside and inside was beautiful. We practiced to more chill tunes and took it down a notch. I heart teaching. I always finish teaching and feel so much better. In a way, it's like taking class cause it requires such powerful focus and presence. There is certainly an exchange of energy there.

Which is why I decided to stay and take Sarah's. As did Emily. Cause you know....I didn't exactly get a practice in earlier. Child pose. Nap. Starbucks.

It was still storming when we started class. The universe provided music and a little light show to boot. Sarah is always lovely in life and in teaching. I hadn't taken her class in a long time. I forget how sweet, soothing, nurturing and encouraging she is in her teaching. Again. Makes me very proud.

After class there was totally water cooler talk! I swear. Little yoginis surrounded by the water, drinking from teeny tiny cups. Brand newbies, regular newbies, teachers. Speaking of WII Fit, down dogs, shoulders and such. Little baby frienships were forged as we made our way out into the late evening. Greeted by a great breeze and a beautiful sky.

So tonight I'm feeling again like a pretty pretty lucky gal. Thanks to all of you. :)

No comments: