Tuesday, June 23, 2009

wrapping up &starting fresh


I've had a wonderfully productive day. The type of day when you have such powerful, focused energy. And you wonder how much you could do, if you were in this flow...day in and day out. I don't think it's gonna happen. Not for me anyway. It comes and goes. Like the rain and sun. Like the seasons. Like so much in life.

Teacher training is coming to a close. This weekend is our last. It's bittersweet. Part of me is happy to have more time with Andy, the dogs, and the house on weekends. Part of my is excited as these new teachers embark on their own teaching journey. Part of me is sad that I'll never have the nine of them back for our "weekend retreats" to share, grow, and learn from one another.

As we come to a close, I'm thinking of what worked well, what needs to be tweaked, what to add, what to do away with. I'm thinking of a teacher training here in Lexington and a teacher training in Tulum. I'm thinking. And thinking.

The closing of teacher training also means that I'm focusing on the upcoming retreat to Tulum. Contemplating how to make it fun and new for the gals that have already been. Wanting it to be perfect for all the newbies coming this year. And of course, I want all to love it as I do. I sent out a newsletter last week for what to wear, what to pack, and what to expect. Made it official that it's almost here!

I've been working with Retta on a whole new website. With lots more color. And pictures. And content. It's so fresh. And pretty and perfect. I think it better represents the studio and what we stand for. In working on new content, I've been thinking more about the programs, classes, and overall values of the studio. Thinking. Yep. And more thinking.

I'm also taking this "systems" class, which has been really great. It's forcing me to get really clear on the values of the studio, how I spend my time, where I spend my time. It's forcing me to get all the stuff in my head, down on paper. It's forcing me to work "on my business (code E-Myth)rather than just "in my business".

It's exciting to look back and see where I've come from in three years....from teaching yoga in a clubhouse, to 700 square feet in Patchen, to over 2000 square feet in our current tree house. On the days that I feel that I'm standing still with happening, I plan to remind myself of this. And look at these pics of two studio remodels. :)


No comments: