Thursday, June 04, 2009

contentment


Contentment....
I love the word.
I love the idea.
I love the practice.
And that's what it is for me.
Always
A practice.
It's a big, juicy part of yoga.

It's been something that has eluded me most of my short life. Sometimes I find myself running so far ahead. Thinking so far ahead. Thinking of the next thing on the horizon. It takes a conscious effort on my part to step back. To say, you know what, "I'm ok with things as they are. I've done a pretty good job here.

I can relax. I can take a deep breath and know that for today "this" is enough. Maybe I don't need to strive and grasp for today. Maybe I can appreciate where I've been, look forward to the journey ahead, and know that the universe will guide me in the right direction. If and when I remain open to receive. I don't have to have all the answers. And it's OK. There is something so very reassuring about the idea of that.

Contentment. Yes it's been on my mind. Wondering what it means for you and how it applies to your life today? Do share....

We're having a great workshop at the studio tomorrow night....World Peace Yoga & Diet. Come spend three hours with other splendid souls. Details here.

No comments: