Tuesday, June 02, 2009

i love yoga teacher training....


I haven't had a chance to write about our most amazing yoga teacher training weekend ever! Ahh, it was so wonderful to lead. So wonderful to be a part of. So wonderful to witness.

There was lots of laughter, more than a few tears, many aha moments. There was prenatal yoga, ecology of yoga, chanting of yoga. There was yin yoga, pranayama, and meditation. Sitting in the sun, hanging with the tree. And singing....Beth graced us with her beautiful voice. Wow. Shelli led us in chanting. There was even some dancing at the closing of Saturday. Courtesy Michael Franti of course.
Friday night I drove home in a trance like state. There were actually a couple of times when I thoughts to myself, "pay attention Sharon....passing cars." No radio. No cell phone. I didn't want to disrupt the tender state I was in. In leading the teacher trainees through a few exercises to move closer to their authentic self, I discovered such valuable information about myself. It was a big moment for me when it all clicked and made sense. This is only one of many reasons that leading teacher training is right up there with my favorite things to do/be a part of.

I went home and showered, and went immediately to my journal where I continued to pour my heart out for about twenty minutes. Really, my mind was going so quickly with thoughts that I had to record. I had to get it down to go back and remember when I was unsure. When I needed to be reminded of why I must do what I do. My hand was moving so quickly to keep up the pace of my mind. Ultimately I fell into a deep slumber and slept sound till the next morning when I got up and we started it over again.

Starting it all over again....we're actually winding down with the training. We'll be finished at the end of this month. Seems pretty crazy. I'm already getting emails from people wanting to do the training next year. I have a hard time thinking of that now. I am so in love with this whole group. Love. Each. One. Of. Them. I am oh so proud of each and every one. I continue to be amazed by all nine of these individuals. They are strong and open. They are inspiring and bold. They are smart and driven. They are remarkable. And pretty damn funny.

Love fest 09 continues....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this post :) So excited to see more of them.

Jeanne said...

Love.... yes, I love this group, also. Each of my fellow students and teachers. We learn, we share, and we teach each other in so many ways -- with joy and compassion, and sometimes, pain. I have learned so very much.