Wednesday, April 29, 2009

what's essential?


So I'm back from a wonderful training in Yellow Springs with Miss Judith Laster. Boy does she know her stuff?! I still have loads of yoga anatomy and physiology swirling in my head.

I'm not rushing straight into teaching all the goodness that I've learned. Giving myself some time to digest the info and practice it myself. What I do know is that she knows the poses....really knows them from an anatomy standpoint. But it also makes sense and it feels right which is the most important thing to me. Some of it is quite different than how I have practiced. In a good way.

One of the things I took away from the training was the idea of asking the question "What's essential right now?" Judith posed that question and I am so very intrigued by it.

Someone after class today asked what was "the best thing that I learned?"

My answer....that sometimes the stories we tell ourselves are not true.

I'll explain more later. Have a sweet night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting comment. I agree. I want to know more!
irene