Monday, April 20, 2009

random bits


The workshops with visiting teachers Tom & Daphne were great!! I got my yoga groove on and felt the affects the next day when I went into "cow" tilt. Hello tummy! Must have been the song long yogic crunches we did! Felt good to feel sore.

I had the pleasure of teaching Teresa's Sunday Yoga For Stress Relief class for only the second time. That was fun. It's so different than what I normally teach. We had a theme of "Expanding the Circle of Compassion". Good stuff.

We had out first Community Yoga class. It was raining cats and doggies, but we still had eight people come out and enjoy the hour long class. And we raised $65 for the Florence Crittenton Home! Not bad for the first go round. We'll have this every third Sunday of each month. Spread the word!

I added caffeine and some dairy back into the mix today. It's been a week. Going another week without sugar cane. To get my "sugar" fix I just made chai rice pudding with agave nectar. It's sitting on the stove now cooling. Can't wait to have some hot tea and dig in. Yum!!

I'll be donning the cowgirl boots tonight and doing on a date with Andy. Having dinner and seeing Texas country Pat Greene at The Dame. YeeHawww.....

Bought two new fun cotton-y skirts at Tar-jay yesterday for Mexico. It's was exciting to make the first purchase for summer and Mexico. Getting more people to choose to come along this year which is truly a thrill for me! I just want to share this place with every yogi! Thinkin' on coming along? Airfare is so very low right now!! My brother and sis-in-law bought impromptu tix to Mexico and will be at Maya Tulum next week for a little rest and relaxation. Lucky souls!

Just made reservations at a darling country inn 10 minutes outside of Yellow Springs for my yoga anatomy training starting this weekend. I hear that Yellow Springs in "one of the coolest small towns in America". Can't wait to check it out. Crystal has given me the local scoop on the cool town. And all the good food and sweet coffee shops are partial reasons for adding dairy and caffeine back into the diet!

Making my way to Louisville in the morning for some yoga and time with my best yoga bud Shelli to plan for upcoming retreats and studio stuff. I do heart planning.

That's it for me! Hope you had a great weekend and wishing you a glorious week. :) Hope to see you at the studio.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one to have some muscle aches, especially my abs and latissimus dorsi -- and whatever else is up under my arms!! It's good to push the edges!!

Crystal said...

YAY! I'm working on Crys' YS Top Hot Spots for you. Actually, I'll think they'll go on my blog. PS sorry I missed Saturday at 2pm. I was detained by puppy antics.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
Sounds like you've got it all goin' on!
Where is Yellow Springs?
Sounds like a neat place.
Hope to see you Wed.!
Irene