Wednesday, April 01, 2009

happy april


It's April 1! The very first day of my favorite month of all. I love everything about the transition from winter to spring. Love that the trees and flowers are blooming, love that I spend more time outside, love that it's time to pull the flip flops out, love the walk the dogs more, love to hike, love to lay in the grass, love to sit outside and drink coffee, and eat dinner on my porch. All signs that spring is here! Plus it's my anniversary month. :)

We're officially a fourth of the way into the new year. If you were in my classes this evening we spent time reflecting on how we've spent our year and how we want to move forward into the next three months.

This weekend will be the end of my five week marathon teacher trainer schedule. So I'm looking to do some playing in April! Gonna push myself out of my comfort zone a little. Get out and do things for me (and Andy) a bit more. So I'm going to be participating in a book club, looking to find a dance class to take, and I just made reservations for Andy and I to spend three nights in Asheville next week.

Hoping to start doing more cooking. Cooking is something that I enjoy, but my schedule makes it a little of a challenge. But it's still totally do-able. I just haven't put it high on the list. My friend and I are doing a CSA, so for about six months I'll get yummy fresh and organic produce. Yummy! That should inspire me to cook more. Also debating the idea of a little garden with a few herbs and veggies. Maybe keeping Barney alive at the studio should come first?

Also planning to do a detox in April. This week I took my first trip into Morris Book Shop (OMG, loved this gem and Anne Dean works there on Sundays). Went in with the intention of only browsing. Came out with three shiny new books. One was the Raw Food Detox Diet and I'm hoping to give this a try in April.

So that's what's going on here to shake things up a little. Here about you...are you shakin' things up this spring?

4 comments:

The displaced Fabulachian said...

I really enjoyed the reflection in class tonight. I thought that I would be able to remember the poem used at the end of class, but, of course, I forgot it :) Can you possibly post it? It felt amazingly appropriate for my day...

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

I absolutely LOVE April too! And guess what, I am also going to Asheville this April... it will be my grown-up (?) solo woman trip - me and my camera! I've already made a list of vegetarian restos to try (no surprise there). I look forward to hearing how your trip goes!

Holli said...

OMG, I love Elmwood Stock Farm. Love it love it love it. We've been doing their CSA for years now and it is fantastic.

And have a blast in Asheville! Tyler and I were there in July and had a great time!

Anne Dean said...

Wednesday class was amazing, Sharon! Was the poem from Mary Oliver's newest book? Thanks again for visiting the bookshop!