Saturday, May 24, 2008

perfect happy days


Hey All,

Just a reminder that the studio is closed this Monday for Memorial Day. Roll out your mat at home or in your backyard and bust out a few down dogs on your own. Not sure where to begin when it comes to a home yoga practice? Click here and register for "Creating Your Own Yoga Practice". It will be held Sunday, June 1 from 3:00-5:00.

For the first time in my adult life, the cost of gas prices affected a decision I made today. I was thinking about going to Lousiville for a day long yoga workshop today. However, since I'd driven to Cincinnati this past Monday (for a workshop), I couldn't justify it. Gas is $3.95 a gallon and even I got a little wide eyed when it cost $35 to fill up the box-ster yesterday. And this is a teeny tiny car. Not sure what I'd do if I was driving a big suv. That baby would probably be gone by now.

So instead I opted for a very lovely class at Barefoot Works with the very lovely Teresa. Then Andy and I went to Lowes where I wandered up and down the aisles looking for the most perfect plants. After about 20 minutes Andy asks, "You still haven't picked any out yet?" I had to inform him (again) that the first time around is browsing and the second time around I start to get a little more serious. If you would have told me five years ago that I'd be this into plants I'd have laughed in your face. Now I love it. I'm very thorough in the planting of them and I even send them off with little well wishes... "be well pretty little plant". Yes, I've killed my fair share of pretty little plants. But I'm much better.

We also saw Indiana Jones today and loved it. It's a must see if you enjoy the others.

I plan to be at Teresa's "Yoga For Stress Relief" class tomorrow. And I'm even bringing along a special guest, my sister Rhonda. Yes, after a year and a half of being open she's starting to think that there just may be something good about all this yoga stuff and plans to attend her first yoga class. But she is the busiest gal I know, so I try not to tease her too much.

So things have worked out for the best. I saved gas AND I had a perfectly happy day close to the homestead.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend sweet friends. :-)

No comments: