Friday, May 30, 2008

break down dog


Yes Remington (better known as Remy) would be the break down dog. It seems that most times when Andy or I travel with him, our cars have a with with breaking down.

Yesterday I got a phone call from Andy at 3:45 and he was stranded on the side of the Bluegrass Parkway outside of Bardstown. He had just finished his last official day of school and he and Remy were going home to Owensboro for the weekend. I had a 4:00 meeting and two yoga classes to teach that evening. So I start dialing friends to help bail him out and yoga teachers to help bail me out. Lucky for me (and Andy) Emily agreed to come teach her official yoga class at the studio. Emily is nearing the end of our training and I already know she's going to make a fabulous teacher. Thank you, thank you Emily. :-)

Yes Emily rescued me.
And I was able to rescue Andy.

So I had to cancel my meeting once the gal showed up. Of course she was understanding. Haven't we all been stranded and some point and time. We all know that it's no fun. At all. I had to wait in line to pay $3.99 for gas. And I think everyone on Richmond Rd. was getting onto New Circle when I was. I sat through three traffic lights. I wondered if they too were trying to rescue their husband and dog. When I started to get frustrated, I just laughed.

I remembered making the long trek from Houston to Lexington with Remy and breaking down three (yes three) times. It was a wild and crazy move home. I rememered Andy picking me at my dorm at EKU 10 years ago for our very first date in this broken down car. He opened the door for me and whisked me away to Applebees. It was romantic. Sigh. I remembered Andy's parents being so scared by the thought of him driving this car to Houston that his dad was sweet enough to give Andy his almost new truck to take to TX. And Joe and his 6'3 self kept the little Corolla and drove it for years. It was once again returned to Andy a couple years ago when we were having problems with his truck. We thought it would last longer than our newer cars.

It appears that this is the end of the little corolla that could. He'll probably be going to the salvage yard. Where the laws of karma say he'll come back as a shiny new red corvette.

2 comments:

Erika said...

poor Remy with a bad reputation. ;(

Emily said...

Thank you Sharon, for letting me sub!