Monday, May 28, 2007

i'm back!

It seems like I've been away from the blog for a while! Andy and I left town early Friday morning to go to his hometown of Owensboro. His sister Beth had flown home for the weekend to visit. This was our first and last time to see Beth during her pregnancy. Isn't she cute in tree pose?! Beth is also a certified yoga teacher and teaches yoga (among other things) at Texas A&M.
We had a lovely time exploring small towns in southern Indiana. We discovered some great shops that had some fabulous finds. I was so excited when we walked into a shop called The Peach Plum and the first thing I saw was Storypeople. They had the cards, books, matted pictures and the wall art. I stood there browsing with the biggest smile on my face. I decided that I should move on along and see what else the store had to offer and then I discovered another favorite, Curly Girl Designs. I recently got a print for my birthday that read "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." I love, love, love this stuff. I exclaimed to the gal working.."Two of my favorites, Storypeople and curly girl!" We got to chatting and I learned that she went to school at UK.
We also had time for the girls to go out shopping and pick out things for soon to be little Luke. We found the cutest monkey outfit and these matching shoes for him to wear home from the hospital.
It's always so much fun to hang out with the Tessandori gang. I think it's safe to say that not a whole lof of people really like to spend time with their in-laws, but I actually do. There's always stories to tell, shakes (as in milk) to drink, shopping to do, and sharing of lotsa laughs.
I hope that each of you had a wonderful long weekend. :-) Anything exciting to share?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Tiara saying! I have it on a magnet. I would like to add that I would also like a magic wand to complete my tool kit!
Great weekend here too. Dinner out with friends from out of town. Dinner party here with in town friends. And a day at the lake. It just doesn't get much better than that!
So glad you had a good time too. I love all those cute little town in IN. New Harmony is another neat place.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
Back to my porch sitting!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. It seems you have been around lots of mommies or pregnant women..you better watch out, it is catching :)