Sunday, May 20, 2007

bring on the 30's


























I had the most aaamazing birthday weekend. Fun, fun, fun all weekend long. I'm still digesting all of it....the people, the celebrations, the food, the games, the gifts, the dance party. My friend Liz (that's the cute gal with the curly hair) and Andy pulled off the best surprise ever. Andy took me to Berea for the International Festival. Berea is just the greatest little town. We also dined at Boone Tavern and went to the Artisan Center. I thought it was so sweet when Andy suggested that we drive back home through the countryside so I could take some pictures of the horse farms. This alone made me the happiest little gal around. Little did I know what was in store. He was buying time so everyone could make their way to our house to surprise me.
Liz and Tony did the best job of decorating the house with streamers and signs, lighting candles, and just making it festive. The inside, the outside, it was all so pretty. I opened our gate into the backyard and SURPRISE, there they were...my family and friends. It was nothing short of awesome. The best birthday ever! And the weather?! How completely perfect was it?
Yes this will definitely be a birthday to remember. I couldn't have imagined a better way to start such an exciting chapter in my life.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

welcome my friend...the view is amazing from here! congrats on the arriving into your 30's...happy birthday :)