Saturday, May 12, 2007

awake




Typically at this time, I'd be in bed curled up with a book or falling asleep on the couch, but I am wide awake. So here I am, surfing the net, reading more blogs ( I could very well be addicted), and downloading pictures taken from the weekend. I had a great yoga practice tonight in my "hot yoga room". The room wasn't heated, but we don't have air conditioning upstairs, so need less to say, it was definitely a heated room. But I like that. I like to get all sweaty during yoga...so I sweated it out for about an hour and a half. I found myself doing lots of backbends, which are energizing. Maybe that's why I'm not tired. Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend.


I did find my way to this, Donna Karan has developed a initiative called Urban Zen. Here is the intention: "Imagine if Eastern philosophy harmonized with Western medical practice, if the cure for disease was born out of human touch...
Whenever you bring opposites together, something beautiful happens, you find each inspires and transforms elements of the other.
When my husband Stephan was sick, so much was missing from his care. He needed the powerful science of Western traditional medicine, but he also needed the healing that can only be accessed from the heart and spirit. Out of my frustration by the treatment at even the best medical facilities, a commitment was born. I am determined to do what I can to help create a new model for approaching wellness and patient care.
My mission is to create a working environment where the worlds of conventional and alternative medical practices unite to invent new ways of healing, health and well-being for all of us. We must treat the patient with the same passion with which we fight the disease."
Pretty cool, right?

No comments: