Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


To Erika, who is so close to giving birth that it's a bit scary for me! This will be Erika's very first bundle of joy. Gabriel Mateo will make his debut next month. I can't wait to meet this little guy.



To Lesley, who is prego with her second baby. Such a young, hip mama that has everything together, much more so than my almost 30 year old self!








To my sister Rhonda. She truly is a supermom. I can only hope to be the mother she is someday.






To my mama, the gal who taught me to be strong, compassionate, independent and the importance of taking risks. Thank you for helping me to be the person I am today.















To Joann, my mom-in-law. Thank you for treating me like one of your own. You're the best. I definitely got lucky with the whole mother-in-law thing :-) No horror stories here!








To my great sis-in-law Beth! Beth is also expecting her first bundle of baby boy joy this September. Yes, Joseph Luke is going to be quite the spoiled little boy. Andy is quite excited about the fact that it's going to be a little boy. We hope to make a trip back to Texas this fall to meet this little fella.


And to my wonderful friend Jennifer who has literally been trying to get pregnant for years and years. I am just over the moon happy for her. If anybody is meant to be a mama, it is her.


So Happy Mother's Day to all of you. The mama's, soon to be mama's, and the mama's that are desperately trying...and to the aunties, grandmothers, godmothers, and such. It really does take a village to raise a child. All of you, you rock. Enjoy your day.


2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great post, so sweet :) By the way, I started taking yoga classes again..you have been been inspiring!

Sharon Tessandori said...

That's so awesome to hear! Let me know how the yoga is coming along. I'm planning to get some sequences posted on the blog. Maybe even record some and put them on the blog. Not real sure how complicated this will be. I guess I'll find out!