Monday, May 21, 2007

andy takes on the neti pot


Andy has been suffering for weeks from allergies. He's taken Claratin D and tried a few other things with little or no success. Today we were watching Oprah and she had Dr. Oz on her show. One of the gals stated that Dr. Oz advice of using a neti pot completely changed her life and allowed her to take control of the allergies. A neti pot is...well a pot that's used for nasal cleansing. And it's an ancient yogic technique.
Hearing it on Oprah, and a little persuasion from me convinced Andy to give it a go. So we walked down the street to the local CVS (Andy was surprised when I told him they would have one). We were at the checkout counter as the man working says, "They talked of these on Oprah today." Obviously others had been in to purchase their very on neti pot. I bet they're sold out before the week is over.
So Andy has tried. I told him it would take a few days to get the hang of it. That's what I hear anyway. I've never actually tried. We're hoping that it helps. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, can I ever relate to allergies. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

I saw that too! My ENT also swears by this. I haven't done it yet, but may have to with Andy's encouragement! Keep us posted.