Wednesday, May 02, 2012

faith, hope and love



If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love,
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the
gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love,
I am nothing....

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror;
then we shall see face to face. 
Now I know in part.
Then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians

Passages like these leave me feeling spellbound.
I could sit and ponder....
Ponder and sit some more.

This was the reading I shared at the end of today's class.
We had spent time focusing on the neck, shoulders, and upper back.
The areas of my body I find needing so much attention after the intensely delicious process
known as yoga teacher training.

We also focused on connecting physically and emotionally to the heart space.
Using the breath to let go of tension held in and around this space.

Today I'm reflecting of the ways that yoga helps one to see themselves more clearly, more accurately.

I'm thinking about how the practice is designed to reveal and reflect back our shiny, sparkly, bright, and beautifully radiant light.

I'm thinking about how it has the capacity to instill faith, trust, and a letting go that can be felt when we do indeed have faith.

I'm thinking about my word for the year, wholehearted.

How it inspires me to love bigger than I've ever loved before.

And reminds me that maybe the Beatles were on to something when they said......

All you need is
love
love
love.

Love is all you need.

No comments: