Monday, May 10, 2010

what propels you forward?


That's the question I'm asking myself today. I looked up the definition of propel and it says...
To cause to move forward or onward.
To impel, drive, or cause to move forwards.

I got to thinking about what propelled me forward in the earliest days of my teaching career. It was all about a vision I held dearly for myself. One that included embarking on a journey of healing on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level. A vision that allowed me to be creative and flexible in my job and how I spend my days and time. And a huge part of my vision was being surrounded by other like minded, good hearted, soul-full beings that want to be healthy in the fullest of ways and wanting to live life with passion and purpose.

I have also spent time asking myself what continues to propel me forward today....day by day. I'm feeling like some much of it continues to be about my own personal journey. A journey towards sound health in body and mind. A journey towards wholeness in every sense of the word. It's in this process of discovering, learning, and living, that I heal a bit more(on a good day:). Then sharing this with others with the hope, the wish that it helps them in their own personal journey. Living, learning, sharing....that's what is propelling me forward.

So I ask you the ever important question...what propels you forward?

1 comment:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

What a positive, hopeful post, Sharon! (Love the image/Rumi excerpt/graphic design too). I think what propels me forward is the need/desire to be inspired... in big ways and in little ways... even if there are days when I feel discouraged, having a mental space to come back to where I can remember what inspires me, brings back my energy and sense of purpose. :)