Thursday, March 25, 2010

not wanting anything to be different


Something that I've been practicing lately.
Contentment.
Santosha in Sanskrit.
A part of yoga philosophy that I enjoy so much.

It's such a common theme that I hear. Especially among women. Last fall during our annual yoga retreat to NC, so many of us spoke of this. Wondered what it looks like, feels like, tastes like. Is it something elusive, or something we can wrap our arms around. Is it a thought or an idea.

Lately I've been trying to think of it a little differently. This idea of simply not wanting anything to be different than what it currently is is resonating with me. But it's not easy. Not easy for a girl like me always wondering "what's next"?

So instead of dwelling on the extra pounds that I'd love to lose
instead of hating this cold (as in icky sicky cold) away
instead of wanting to be anywhere different
instead of running away from sadness....

I am accepting it all. It's a different sort of happiness.
But one that feels familiar nonetheless.

So may you too want what you got.
And find more love in the life you're livin'.

May we always remind ourselves that underneath all the problems, stresses, anxieties associated with this sweet life lies a place of stillness and calm. An inner reservoir of goodness. Of godness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.