Thursday, March 18, 2010

what's dying to be born?


That's the question posed over on this website (along with a really great little free ebook).

It's a question I've been mulling over myself and sharing in class the last couple of days.

What's dying to be born? What is it that you need to let go of in order to birth something greater, something bigger?

In yoga we experience this death and birth even within the cycle of one single breath. We practice letting go at the end of class in corpse pose, savasana.

I've recently birthed a mondo beyondo dream of mine....planning a 200 hour yoga teacher training in Mexico. It's only now in hindsight that I see what died (if anything) in order to birth this dream.

I've given up some yoga classes over the last year and a half.
I've given up the idea that although leading a teacher training is probably the most fulfilling part of my job, I still need and want help.
I've given up the belief that a gal from Appalachia couldn't or shouldn't teach people to teach yoga in Mexico.
I've given up the idea that there will be a "perfect time" to do this.

Some of these "deaths" created physical space.
Some mental space.
Some emotional space.

Each equally important as I really strive to create and manifest the things that are most aligned with my heart. And my soul.

So I pose the question for you, one more time....
What's dying to be born?

I can rest assured tonight that once you birth that "thing" of yours we'll all be better off. For the world is begging each and every one of us to share our gift.

2 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Sharon, you find the neatest things! I just downloaded the e-book and I can't wait to read it.
And how do you have such an uncanny ability to know what a reader needs? I love this post and I couldn't have read it at a better time... I've been feeling overwhelmed with all I need to do and want to do in school, feeling like there aren't enough hours in the day...and I went through a moment of self-doubt. I read your post and started tearing, and reminded myself, I am where I need to be. So thank you.... and I honor the light in you.

Misty said...

Thank you for always being an inspiration.