Wednesday, July 08, 2009

a brand new look!!



I'm so very excited to have the new website finished AND a beautiful blog to match! I got home late last night after teaching and the drumming workshop (which both were outta this world cool, watched the mini version of Michael's memorial, went upstairs to check email and checked to see if the new website was up yet. When I saw it I nearly did a flip!

After a couple days of calling Blue Host and Go Daddy, and what felt like a trillion emails to my old graphic designer the new site up sitting pretty in the world of web. It's been a process as I hadn't planned a whole new website but I am beyond thrilled with the end result.

Retta has been amazing throughout this process. We've met at Panera by the studio, Panera close to my home, chatted before and after classes, she came and took photos, and we've exchanged more than a trillion emails. If you ever need a website I so highly recommend her. As you can see she's quite talented. And the time and effort she takes to really get it just the way you want it is simply astounding.

This yoga retreat page is my most fave. It's one of my fave Tulum pics and one of my fave quotes. I recall asking Retta quite tentatively, "Any way you can make this into a postcard and include this amazing quote?" I think I had actually grown a little fearful of making requests with my previous folks (hence the change). She excitedly says, "Ooooh that would be cool! Let me work on it." And she did. And it's perfect. I love it. And Retta. She's truly a website goddess. Gush. Gush.

I really feel like this website represents myself, the studio, and our yoga community a little better. I was forced to sit down and think again about what we're trying to do here and who we're trying to attract to Barefoot Works. Writing the intro for the flash slideshow was fun. I debated on several things here. Quotes, long passages, or a blurb by me. Went with the blurb and still got to use the quotes that you find sprinkled about the website and the passage here. I love the colors. Love that we actually have pics from the studio, pretty pics of the teachers. We have a couple new pages, one for a yoga therapy program, private sessions, and one for studio rental (we're hosting our first yoga/book club event in August!).

We have a handy FAQ page along with the handy "guide to yoga at Barefoot Works youtube video. You can find us on facebook, twitter, and youtube from the homepage. AND my second favorite page is the Love Letters page. You have to see it from the homepage, scroll on down. That was another request for Miss Website Goddess...."Can we use this quote from Addie and make some sorta fun image to link from?" And it's so very perfect! Love the Love Letters.

OK I'll quit with the new yoga website excitement. Cause I still got Tulum to be excited about! Yay! Leaving on a jet plane early in the morning. Don't know when I'll be back again. Kidding. I'll be back in two weeks. On the 23rd.

If I didn't see you last night (with the packed out yoga/drumming class) I didn't get to say "bye" and give you a hug. So I'm sending one out via long distance. From me to You. And You. And You. I'll miss you (honestly), but looking so forward to being in my favorite place of all. Appears that "favorite" is the word of the day. :)

Be happy. I'll catch ya in a couple of weeks.
xo,
sharon

PS - I'll probably blog a few times from Tulum, so check in!

PSS - If you have any trouble viewing the new website or blog please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new site!
Have a great time in Mexico!
See you soon!
Irene

Anonymous said...

i dont like the new site it doesnt open for me i cant use the top buttons they dissapear. :(

Jeanette