Tuesday, March 24, 2009

jolly green giant

Yesterday my friend and I went plant shopping. When I eyed this big beautiful guy I knew I had to had him for the studio! Hmmm, how to get him to the studio? Luckily I had Liz with me and we're always up for an adventure. So we put him the the cart....


I purchased him. We got many looks and several comments. Mostly, "Wow, that's a big plant!"
He actually doesn't weight very much. So we put him into the Ford and let him sway in the air as we drove from the Lowes at Hamburg to the studio. I didn't want him rolling all around so I held him in place sans safety belt (had to be done).
And now he's at the studio. All big and pretty. Gave him a big gulp of water. Most people know that I don't have a green thumb. But I try oh so hard. And it's really important to me to have green life at the studio. So if you see him (and others) looking sad, feel free to refresh them with some water. Perhaps it can be a group effort? ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
That plant is so big it needs its own zip code! It will need a name for sure! Let's see.........what about Barney - Barefoot Works Big Plant!
Irene

Retta said...

That is awesome! It is like a studio pet.

Sharon Tessandori said...

Barney it is Irene! I think it seems fitting. He'll be our official studio. ;) Thanks Retta...

The displaced Fabulachian said...

He's beautiful! I'm sure he'll thrive -- Sarah and I were talking about how impressive some of the plant "come-backs" are following the move to the new studio. I'd argue that you're doing really well with all the plants there!

Emily said...

I'm digging the new plants - soon we'll be practicing "jungle yoga"!