Friday, March 27, 2009

here's what's blooming at bw



We have all sorts of great things going on at Barefoot Works.

This Sunday Emily is leading a workshop titled "The Art of Yoga & Tea" with about 15 registrants so far. She shared her plan with me and it sounds like such a delightful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I would be there with bells on....but I'll be in Hazard....with bells on. :)

The following Sunday (April 4) NIA teacher Amy will be sharing a NIA Playshop! Love the idea of a "playshop" instead of a workshop. It's a joyful, soulful workout. Who doesn't need more playing?! Read more about NIA here or check the video out below. Looks like fun, huh?



We scheduled this workshop a little later, so if you're interested then register quickly!!

Click here to view these workshops and others.

Also so many people have asked me about the reiki training we did last Sunday. Let's just say that it was nothing short of amazing. Shelli was great, the participants were great, the weather was great. All around it was a perfect day! We're planning to do another one in May. We have four people on the waitlist from last time and only take six. So let me know if you are interested. Here is a group shot and the sweet little altar that Shelli setup.

On other notes....

Spring really is blooming around the studio. Yesterday they brought more plants out at Sunshine Grow Shop (I think I've become an official spokesperson). Perennials and ferns and more. I was browsing on my walk to Starbucks yesterday.

The trees are budding like the pic at top. I stepped outside yesterday and snapped that. Love that tree!

We have lots of squirrels that like to frequent our classes. We can hear and see them running up and down the beams just outside the door. It's pretty darn cute!

And look at Tracey's handstand! We had a small morning class yesterday. So we got to do something we haven't done at the new studio....use wall space for fun flip yourself upside down poses! Tracey's handstand is certainly blossoming! ;-)
And see Barney (our giant plant in the corner)....he got blinged out with some festive lights. I love having him at the studio.

Looks like we've got our community yoga class all scheduled. It will start in April and be held once a month on Sunday (details coming in newsletter and here I'm sure). AND we've also scheduled a once a month yoga class to be held at Florence Crittenton Home that will begin next month. Yay for giving back....yay for karma yoga! We're really excited about this and hope that you are too. It's a great thing.

Teacher Training....here and in Hazard. We're halfway finished with our BIG training at the studio. And I can't even explain how awesome this group is! Wow....they are really blowing my mind. Most all of them are teaching in some manner (although this isn't a requirement) and they are doing beautiful!! It's such a great time to see how all of this starts, evolves and ends. It truly is a life changing, transforming six months that we share. Good stuff.

I'll be leaving shortly to go to Hazard and share the second full weekend with five yoginis in Hazard. These girls are so eager to learn about yoga and I'm so eager to share. We're making a mighty fine pair. I must say so myself. :) To be in my hometown, sharing what I love, to folks that need yoga oh so badly is literally a dream come true. And to get paid for it?! Amazing. I'll try to get some pics this weekend!

OK that's the scoop. If you are still reading along......
Have a glorious spring weekend!!!

2 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Wow Sharon, you have so many wonderful things going on! I can almost hear the excitement in your voice... well, cyber-voice at least... :)

Ritesh said...

Yoga is an art of discipline that was developed by an Indian Hindu named Patanjali. Retreat yoga about benefits of yoga exercises, yoga meditation, yoga practice.