Monday, March 23, 2009

how can you make a difference


A huge fire broke out in the forest. All the threatened animals were scared and fled, except the hummingbird, who decided to stay and put out the fire. It flew to the nearest river and picked up a few drops of water, then came back and put them on the fire. The other animals watched from a distance and made fun of the hummingbird. The more they mocked, the harder the hummingbird worked, persistently and patiently bringing its little drops of water. "What are you doing?" the animals asked. "The fire is overwhelming. How can you make a difference? You are too little anyway." The hummingbird answered, "I'm doing the best I can."

I found this story in the new edition of Spirituality & Health. I've always enjoyed this mag when I've bought it. Standing in the line at Whole Foods the title "Yoga and Tea" caught my eye since we are having that very workshop this coming Sunday.

Yesterday I sat outside the studio flipping through when I found this brilliant little story. It was one of those moments that you just want to hold in your heart for a very long time. I even took a pic with my phone to remind myself of the beauty and simplicity of the moment.

Here I was sitting outside of the studio on a beautiful spring day and...

I knew that Teresa was leading a big group of yogis in her Sunday Yoga For Stress Relief class.
The day before we had concluded yet another great weekend of yoga teacher training.
Shelli was in Lexington and would soon be leading myself and five others in a reiki training.
AND did I mention it was a beautiful spring day?!!

I just thought of Teresa, all her students, the teacher trainees, the teachers at BW, Shelli, myself, and those coming for her reiki training.

And how we're all making a difference in our very own special unique ways. Doesn't matter how small. Wishing each of you many hummingbird moments.

No comments: