Thursday, March 19, 2009

bw "fan mail" and more


Hi All!

Finally time for me to sit and write to my sweet blog....and all of you. :) It's funny....today I was actually "craving" to a certain degree just to sit and write words on my blog. I have decided that it has become an imaginary or silent friend of sorts. You know the kind that thinks you're perfect, agrees with everything you say, and tells you your hair looks great when it doesn't?

All jokes aside though, I do enjoy taking the time and letting words spill forth on the computer screen. It's quite cathartic for me.

OK...catch up time. Here's the scoop and the things exciting me here of lately.

The teachers at Barefoot Works. I love them...still. :) Sarah and I had an amazing two hour lunch last week and we talked about the BEST ways to prepare her yoga basics students for the other flow classes at the studio. I love that she is as concerned about the safety and well being of the yogis who choose to grace up with their presence.

Teresa came out and banged on a drum to help support or drumming workshop on Tuesday. So sweet of her. And I loved looking across the room and seeing her with such a pleasant smile on her face. You know the one....she has it quite often. And Emily is working with me to get our Karma Yoga on over at the Florence Crittendon Home. Even though she is uber busy right now. So Emily, if you are reading this...you and me and chai tea lattes, soon. To ease your stress. :)

I started yoga teacher training in Hazard last weekend! My hometown (or close enough), in Appalachia. And with all the hoopla concerning the 20/20 show, I was feeling a bit nervous, scared, excited, etc. It went off fabulously. I have five sweet gals who are so eager to learn and I couldn't be more happy with the experience so far. This is something that has been on my vision board for a while AND it's here. Yippy!!

My mom is doing super well after the big scary health scare. I got to spend time with the folks this weekend. Hanging out, cooking and laughing. Much fun. And my mom got up at 6:30 to make coffee and oat meal for me before leaving for the day. Ahhh. And she respects my vegetarian ways. Cooking with a meat substitute that my dad didn't even know was a substitute. Shhhh, don't tell.

The studio continues to do super. I get many concerned questions from people when I share that I own a yoga studio. "Ahhh, the bad economy is probably really affecting you?" Luckily I get to share that it actually isn't. Our numbers are way up from last year. During these stressful times, yoga should be the last thing to go. We need it more than ever!

I signed up for a yoga anatomy training with Judith Lasater! It's held at the end of April in Yellow Springs, OH. I've never been to YS, but I hear that it's such a great little village. Looking forward to some new scenery, being a yoga student, and learning more yoga anatomy goodness from THE best in this area of study. Then sharing with all of you of course.

The drumming workshop was super that we had this week. My first time drumming and I was so pleasantly surprised at how awesome it was! And I got drummed on! That sounds a little freakish, huh? But it was pretty powerful, in a very good way. Not gonna share the details. You'll have to check it out for yourself next time.

Shelli and I chose and reserved a location for a fall retreat/training to offer ceu's for yoga teachers. It's gonna be at the Inn at Cedar Falls in Ohio. Beautiful, yes I know. We're only taking 14 lucky souls so let me know if you're interested!

And speaking of my sweet friend Shelli, she'll be in town Sunday leading the reiki training to a sold out group. We have four people on the wait list so we'll schedule another soon. Let me know if you are interested!

It's almost Spring!! In like three more hours!!! Go out tomorrow and buy a tank top or some flip flops. Eat an ice cream cone. Do a cartwheel. Gaze at the budding trees. Listen to the birds chirp. Listen to a happy song. Celebrate Spring. And celebrate yourself while you're at it.

And lastly (if you're still reading this), I got "fan mail" today from THE Melanie Mauer. For a photo fan like myself she is the best! Two words....ahh-mazing. I've stalked her from afar for quite a while so I was secretly doing mind cartwheels when she came to the studio and signed on for yoga. Such a sweet gal! She sent me the kindest email today and agreed to let me share. And she passed along a quote! My kinda gal....

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time - not tomorrow, nor next year, not in some future life after we have died. The best preparation for a better life next year is a full, complete harmonious, joyous life this year. Our beliefs in a rich future life are of little importance unless we coin them into a rich present life.
Today should always be our most wonderful day! -Thomas Dreier

"For me, my awkward yoga practice is part of my happy rich life. I really appreciate what you’ve created with Barefoot Works…it’s exhilarating to discover something new yet familiar. I see the love that you pass onto your students and it’s so nice to be a part of another small business that looks after it’s little basket of clients with care. Thank you for offering an introductory special so I could try different classes to see what’s a good fit. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Ahhh. Thank you Melanie. And thank all of you for being a fan of yoga and letting us share with you. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.