Tuesday, November 25, 2008

working miracles


"As you look around at the faces in your life this year take a moment to see that these are the people you will change the world with. You have already done it and you are about to work miracles." ~Rolf Gates

I'm feeling really refreshed after a weekend of painting at the new studio, spending a long leisure day with friends on Sunday, and spending good quality time with my brother Joel last night and today. I'm feeling optimistic about the future and the upcoming changes. Just thinking about it right now literally leaves me feeling like butterflies are fluttering around in my belly. The quote was just sent to me in a newsletter by Rolf Gates, a vinyasa yoga teacher that I really appreciate from afar. I read those two sentences over and over. Thinking about all the people that I have in my life and how each of them truly are contributing to make the world a better place.

I think that in many ways in easy for us to downplay the role that we serve in the world. What little ol' me making a difference in this great big world? But we are. Each and every one of us. In our very unique and very real ways we are. As Rolf Gates says, "Old ways of being are fading away while new ways of being are coming alive with brilliance and fire." Don't you just love the idea of that? Coming alive with brilliance and fire? That's huge!

I'm challenging myself to feel more alive, to live more deliberately.
To work hard and play hard.
I want to teach as if my yoga pants are on fire (title of a book Andy and I browsed this weekend titled "Teaching Like Your Hair Is on Fire inspired that :-).
I want to nurture my relationships with family, friends, yoga teachers and students.
I want to live with passion and purpose.
I want to live in a more authentic and honest way.
I want to make a difference.
I want to work miracles.

What about you?

No comments: