Sunday, June 17, 2007

take me out to the ballgame






Are these guys baseball players or yogis?! I like to imagine that they are both. I was quite impressed with the guys in blue (that would be the Texas Rangers). I looked out in the field and there they were in pigeon, down dog, and wide leg forward folds. Then as the game was starting I turned my eyes over to right field and here was an amazing yogi in red (as in Cincinnati Reds). Check him out in Prasarita Padottanasana (just because it's fun to say) and nearly balancing in bakasana (crane or crow pose). I tried making a paper airplane out of my business card and sailing it through the air to him. ;-)

When I wasn't admiring the prospective yogi's and taking pictures of people sitting in the stands (that's how I spent a fair share of time), I got a few shots of a childhood friend of Andy's that plays
with the Rangers. That's him, Brad Wilkerson. I did get to witness the awesome Ken Griffey Jr. score two homeruns back to back. I bet he was doing yoga before the game.
What a lovely, lovely weekend I had. I hope you all had a wonderful father's day.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

this post made me smile :) how funny!