Friday, June 29, 2007

more work


I haven't had much time to post this week on my blog. Andy and I have taken on the project of updating our bedroom. We cleared nearly everything out of the bedroom to paint the walls, sand down the trim, fill in some areas, paint the trim and paint the ceiling. We also plan to wax and buff the hardwood floors. So we've moved into a guest bedroom for the time being. I keep saying that "we" are doing this, but truthfully it's been mostly Andy. I have however, taken on the job of painting and distressing our dresser.
We also had a contractor come to the house today to give us a bid for a master bathroom remodeling job. It seems that we've had some water damage at the big blue house and now it must be dealt with. This should all be very interesting as this will be our first major work at our precious old house. It's all exciting, but a bit scary at the same time.
We're leaving within the hour to go down to Dale Hollow with some friends. Spend some time out on the lake taking in the sun and having fun!
Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are staying busy and having a fun summer! Remodels can be scary but great when they are completed :)

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I too am about to get an estimate for my master bath! We will have to compare notes.
Tell everyone at the studio I haven't jumped ship! I have been back from France for a week. But unfortunately came home with an ear and sinus infection. So when I am cleared for "down dog" I will be back. Hopefully Thursday!
Miss you guys!