Friday, February 12, 2010

how i want to lead my life


I read a really great post by Pam Slim yesterday about leadership, and how each of us can define what leadership means to us. Like yoga poses, leadership is not one size fits all. Love it. Here is what I came up with.......

I demonstrate leadership by my own life by:
  • doing work that energizes and excites me
  • creating a schedule that gives me freedom and flexibility
  • teaching/expressing a vision of yoga that is compelling and true to me
  • having adequate time with my husband, family, friends and myself
  • creating my own definition of success and happiness
  • working on projects that align with my values
  • believing in the power of dreams and pursuing those I believe to be most important
  • seeking help in the areas I experience fear and uncertainty
  • giving of my heart, time, and money to those people and causes important to me
  • being open to learn from other teachers, students, and leaders
  • holding myself accountable for things I want to create in my life
  • not having the expectation of being a perfect yogini
  • taking care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
  • taking risks then being gentle with myself if they don't pay off
  • being brave enough to mentor others and receptive to being mentored


That's what I'm pondering. How about you? What does leadership mean to you when you define for yourself?

No comments: