Wednesday, November 04, 2009

love me.....

That was the answer I got today while I was having a conversation with the studio, you know....Barefoot Works.

Yeah I know. Sorta kinda weird. But I do this on occasion. My meditations become these conversations. With poses, with chakras, with body parts, mentors, and now with the studio.

Some of you may recall from a blog post about the retreat to NC. Myself and the retreatees pondered the question "What do I need most this weekend?" Since then I've been asking this question a lot. It's really helpful and I do suggest giving it a try.

Today after teaching my noon class I made a comfy cozy little seat on the floor with blankets, pen, paper and a few questions. The sun was pouring in through the window and it warmed my whole body....head to toe.

I took a few moments to connect with my heart, to connect with spirit and connect to Barefoot Works. The physical space that contains Barefoot Works. My yoga home. Our yoga home. I asked the questions, "What does Barefoot Works need today?"

After my mind settled in it gave me a pretty clear answer.....Love. I was taken aback for a moment (yes even a gal that has meditative conversations with such randomness) but I stayed connected. And open. And willing to continue to listen.

It seems that I've been busy with work and with stress and with life and I've somehow forgotten to remind myself of just how lucky I am. The idea of getting to work, teach and spend my days in a place as wonder-full and glorious as this studio is amazing.

In continuing this conversation She also told me that she needed more celebrating and more dancing in this space. It's been way to long since I've put on Michael Franti and danced and twirled around the studio. I remember getting into trouble at the studio when we were painting. The Taylor Swift-ey Cinderella-ey song came on and I blasted it and danced around like a crazy gal full of excitement and joy. Until the neighbor came over and politely explained that she was giving a massage next door. Ooops, sorry (little quiet voice).

I did continue this conversation with Miss BW herself. And she gave me some more helpful information. I'll save that for another time. Loving her is enough to focus on for right now. And dancing and celebrating.

So this November I am thank-full for:
The yoga tree house in which I spend my days.
The landlord that lovingly designed, and built the space over three decades ago and continues to watch over it like a babe.
The floors that my family helped me put down.
The walls that Andy and I painted while laughing and dancing (and probably) cursing on occasion.
The neighbors that provide good stuff like massage and prenatal yoga and very cool baby stuff.
The green grass this tree and the swing out front. Sunshine Grow Shop and the beautiful plants. And there will be pine trees and sparkle lights soon enough.
I'm thankful for the mats, blankets, blocks and straps as they have a very important role in what we do.
Thankful that the plants thrive at this studio. I jokingly say that anything can grow here. Even the plants that die come back to life!

I'm thankful for the teachers that love the studio as much as I. I think I've heard each of them say, "the highlight of my week is teaching at the studio." Yes, quite amazing to hear.

And thankful for You. :)

Any dancing, celebrating, yoga-ing and general love festing is welcome at the BIG bright and beautiful space known as Barefoot Works.

1 comment:

Emily said...

love this post! also glad to know that BW is a "she"