Monday, August 03, 2009

super sweet weekend


I was home for an entire weekend! And even better, Andy and I were home together for an entire weekend! It's been a while and I was really needing it. Here's a recap of all the goodness:

Saturday:
*Yoga class with Emily. So very awesome to have Emily back from India and teaching once again at the studio. She was kind enough to hop right back into our rotation of Saturday teaching. BIG thank you to Emily!
*Observed Debbie teaching a yoga class at the studio with a few of her friends. And she did really amazing. How far one can come in six months completely blows my mind. And Debbie gives some of the best hugs I've ever had. Big bear like hugs. I happy to really enjoy them. :)
*Coffee, then an attempt at a cupcake run with no success then onto meet the fam at Miguels for pizza then a little hiking at Natural Bridge.

We did a little hiking and of a course.... a little tree posing.

We ate ice cream and pondered life's biggie questions like baby raising. This is my new fave picture:

Andy and I came home and I had a nice long bath complete with bath fizzy and candle from Soapwerks. I finished reading "Mexican Days" and highly recommend. And is if the completion of the book wasn't enough, I browsed website and blogs about Mexico until my eyes had nearly glazed over. Bookmarked a few, with the faves being Tulum Living, Dropped In, and The Truth About Mexico. I learned that the latter two are by the same peeps. A young husband and wife who moved to the Yucatan and started a life. Very cool. I want them to be my new BFF. Anyway, this was one of my fave reads.

Enjoyed another yoga practice on my own in my sweet little home studio. Love it in there.

Sunday:
After spending way too much time perusing the net about Mexico I decided I should be laptop free for the day. It worked out nicely.
Andy and I did yard work and house work. It had been a while since I had done either. So I was happy to do both. :)

Car shopping. Andy is in the market for a new car so we (or so we thought) strategically went shopping on a Sunday. We were good for the most part, only one salesman at one place. Nothing against the guys. They are earning a living as the rest of us. We were just hoping to look and not have to talk. ;)

Lunch at Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Yeh, I'm vegetarian but thought that they would surely have a veggie burger. I was excited when I asked, "Do you have a veggie burger?" and she says, "Yes". Yippy! Only to have another employee come over and say, "It's a bun with the veggies you choose." Ok, whatever give me a bun loaded with veggies. And a lot of fries. I love potatoes. In all forms.

Later walked to Main and Maple to enjoy a chai tea latte and read two mags. It was a pretty day to stroll down the street, sip yumminess and read the new Yoga Journal.

Walked the doggies then enjoyed a lovely ninety minute yoga practice. I did the sequence in Yoga Journal by Dana of Lauhging Lotus. And I ended with a couple yin yoga poses, supported recline butterfly and meditation. Good. Stuff.

Love the
Super
Sweet
Weekends.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sharon - I love your weekend! Miguels, family, yoga, going laptop free for a day, everything sounds perfect! I was glad to jump back into teaching, although I must say I was a bit intimidated at the initial thought. Tell Andy I'm impressed with his partner tree pose!

Malcolm said...

I can't believe I am just seeing this post! Anywho, we'll be happy to be your new BFF. :)