Thursday, August 27, 2009

speaking of dreams...


"This now is it. This. Your deepest need and desire is satisfied by the moment's energy here in your hand." - Rumi

Andy and I went out last night for a little mid-week date. Dinner at Fazolis (yep I love it) and conversation about our Mondo Beyondo dreams (see below). So funny, much of my list incouded travels to fabulous places (eat and drink my way through Italy with Andy for two months, have a cabana by the sea in Tulum, learn/study ayurveda in India). Andy's consisted of sports dreams (attend final four (preferably with UK playing, skate with Wayne Gretzky, attend Stanley Cup Final)
So funny.

We wrap the dream list up and go to Wal-Mart. Andy buys a cheap cd with 80's hits to use during PE at school (or so he says). We went back and had a lil dance party in the enrty way of our house. Swaying to Bette Davis Eyes and grooving to Wild Wild West.

And at that moment I thought that maybe it's not about all those dreams coming true. Maybe the art and joy of dreaming is enough. Enough to make one feel young, hope-full, and vibrantly alive. Who could complaing about the gift of that?

PS - That quote gives me goose bumps. Good. Stuff.

1 comment:

Debra said...

You are beyond fabulous! When I think Mondo Beyondo...I see myself always traveling to new places, meeting cool new people and loving what I'm doing. Hey wait a minute....that is happening already. Rumi is right...the dream is right here, now. Can't wait to catch up and share some more big ideas.