Sunday, June 29, 2008

newest yoga teachers in lexington



The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. ~Kahlil Gibran

This was the last weekend of our 2008 teacher training. It has been a fabulously wild and transformative journey for all of us. I couldn't be more proud of these yogini's. To witness how far they've come in six months is truly remarkable. I can easily recall our first Saturday together back in January when I told them they were going to teach a sun salutation. I said I didn't care if they got it right or wrong, if it took five seconds or five minutes....it was simply important that they begin to find their voice. And find their voice they did. Not only did they find their voice, they brought their own energy and personalities to their teaching.

They are kind and compassionate teachers.
They are fun and wise teachers.
They are accepting and happy teachers.
They are oh so creative and wonderfully inspiring teachers.

They have taught me much and served as such inspiration over the past six months. We have laughed hysterically together and cried together. We've been frustrated and confused together. We've celebrated the large and small triumphs.
Together we explored the yamas & niyamas, the koshas & kleshas, the bandhas & chakras, the sutras & sankrit and every sun salutation you can imagine.

They've flipped their dogs, stood on heads & hands, opened their hearts, found themselves in a "bind", and in compromising positions. We all fell on our ass a time or two. But they saw it through. And this training my friends, is no easy feat.

I am proud to call them fellow teachers and fellow friends. Much love and joy to each of them as they embark on this new exciting journey. I'll be here to rally you on!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Congrats on finishing!! I loved the slide show...so many talented ladies all in one room! love you! kisses and hugs! I'm calling you back tomorrow :)

enchantedartist said...

What a warm, welcoming blog!! I'm starting my teacher training program in September...I found this so inspiring.

Thank you...:-)