Monday, October 09, 2006

A Yummy Class


Tonight I had the pleasure of attending Leigh Ann's Yoga for the Flexibly Challenged (YFC) class and it was so very wonderful. Leigh Ann has a way of teaching in a clear, concise way that enables her students to flow into and out of poses in an effortless way. Combine that with her encouraging and supportive teaching style and you get one amazing class. I also had the most awesome adjustment in bound angle pose tonight....it was soooo very nice. As one student put it last week, vinyasa classes leave you with that "yummy" feeling.

I have a strong personal yoga practice, but I have to say that I just love taking classes and being a student. Theres something great about being a part of the group dynamic, where everyone is immersed in their own practice, but at the same time everyone is part of a greater force. There is something beautiful about people taking a break from work, home, meetings, family, and responsibilities in general, to do something nurturing for their mind, body, and spirit.

The picture above is a shot that I caught Friday evening of the moon. It was the prettiest site I've seen in a while. Check this site out at http://www.yogaessentials.com/Main%20Pages/AsanaArchive/msalutation.htm for instructions and pictures of the moon salutation.

No comments: