Monday, October 23, 2006

Exciting things are happening at Barefoot Works

Last Wednesday I had my first conference call with Green Yoga. Barefoot Works is one of twenty nine yoga studios across the nation participating in the Green Studios Pilot Program. Over the course of ten months we will learn to implement green business practices and increase environmental awareness in both students and the community. As many of you know, I specifically designed the studio in an eco-friendly manner, so I am so excited to be a part of this dynamic and forward thinking group. I'll keep you posted as we progress through the program.

Also, we had our first photo shoot at the studio today! How exciting?! I developed a yoga sequence for the busy professional that will be featured in Lane Report next month. Andy, an editor at Lane Report came out and took pictures of Leigh Ann doing the poses. It's a great sequence that anyone can do at their desk within five short minutes. I plan to have the sequence posted on the website after it's been released by Lane Report.

I'm also in the process of ordering some clothing and merchandise for Bare Wear - The Bare Essentials for Yoga. We'll have a small retail area in the studio where you can purchase fun & fabulous yoga clothes, props, books and so on. We are also designing and constructing our very own yoga mat bags. Finding a stylish yet practical yoga bag to get you to and from class can be a real struggle. We think we have the perfect one! I've also ordered some great shirts from the very talented Julie Bryan. So watch for your invite to the the Bare Wear Bash.... a holiday party/open house/unveiling of Bare Wear. Watch for the date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!