Saturday, October 21, 2006

Hiking in Kentucky


I love, love, love the fall season in Kentucky. Sure it can be rainy, but the beautiful days like today more that make-up for the rain. Today was quite literally, I picture perfect day. The sky was the most magnificent shade of blue and the trees are just bursting with color. While I lived in Texas, the fall season was the season I missed most. So each year that I've been back, I really try to take the time to truly enjoy the season. Kentucky is unbelievably beautiful this time of year. I just can't say it enough.

Andy picked the Sally Brown Nature Conservancy for us to go hiking. It's very close to our house and it highlights the Palisades, the limestone cliffs that run along the Kentucky River. This was out first time hiking here and it was great. There were a few waterfalls that were stunning (thanks to the rain we've had), amazing vistas of the Palisades, the prettiest pink and lavender color wildflowers, and moss covered rocks and boulders that were begging to be photographed. Needless to say, I took many pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture! Who took that?

Sharon Tessandori said...

My husband Andy took the photo, talented man ;-)