Thursday, July 05, 2012

serve the world while serving your soul




"You can find a way that serves the world, serves your customers, and serves your soul. The job you are meant to have has not yet been named. It has not yet been imagined. It is waiting in the confines of your own heart to take shape in the world of form." ~Martha Beck

I'm leaving tomorrow to travel to Mexico to teach yoga to a fantastic group of people scattered from all across the US and Canada.

20 years ago I hadn't even heard the word yoga and Mexico seemed like such a far away place that I'd never visit there.

10 years ago I started a love affair with yoga and embarked on a journey of discovering just who the heck I was and what I wanted to do with my life.

8 years ago I devoted myself to doing something that I loved, something that served my soul and served others. I taught yoga. A lot of yoga.

And here I am, getting ready to leave for my sixth annual yoga retreat to Maya Tulum.

My happy place, my happy people, my happy work.

I could never have written this job description that I get to call my life. Yet somehow I did and here I find myself with a heart filled with thanks and a belly filled with anticipation for all that is and all that will be.  Feeling deeply grateful.

So. Very. Grateful.

And pretty freakin' ecstatic.

If you're like me, a fairly optimistic person with a pocket full of dreams and the mindset that the universe actually wants you to be happy and doing what you love then please consider joining me for The Right Brain Business Workshop on Saturday August 11th.  Get all the details here.

Serve the world while serving your soul. I'm on board.

No comments: