Friday, April 06, 2012

mind mapping to-dos + a closer look at time



Happppy Friday Friends!

I snapped the above picture a few moments ago. This time next week I'll be leaving to travel to NC to lead our intensive yoga teacher training (!!!!).

I have a mile long to-do list. I've made a commitment to enjoy this process of "getting ready" as much as I can. I started with my to-do list. Rather than making a list in black ink in my planner I chose to bring my lil jar of color pencils and map it all out....similar to a mind map.

I have to say it was much more enjoyable and having the linking visual helped me to think of things I'm not sure I would have thought of otherwise.

In the past seeing a list of this magnitude or a map with so many branches would have left me feeling all out of sorts.

For a while now I've worked on my relationship with Mr. Time. I consciously eliminated the phrase "I don't have the time to....." from my vocabulary, knowing well that I do indeed have all the time I need to do whatever I choose to do. Mostly it's a matter of how I choose to use my time. The choice and the responsibility falls back on me, which is pretty empowering.

Sometimes I use my time efficiently and effectively. Sometimes not so much (hello internets).

Just like yoga, it's all I practice and as long as I stay present and awake with it....well it's all good.

No comments: